Saturday, September 1, 2007

Throwback Saturday: The Cure's Disintegration

Mostly because I won't have my music library available to me until September 10th (damn you Compaq), and partly because "I wanna", I've decided to use Saturday's posts to re-examine favorite albums of mine from the past. This week's throwback is The Cure's Disintegration. In my opinion, this album is the crown jewel of their discography. Released in 1989, it is the most lyrically and musically sound of all The Cure's albums. You can always count on The Cure's material to be full of emotion, but there is something in Robert Smith's voice on this album that is so wrought with love and longing. All goth jokes aside, this is a beautiful album from start to finish. Rolling Stone Magazine recently ranked this album as #326 of the 500 greatest albums of all time. Disintegration ranks in my top ten. Here's a sampling of my favorite tracks from the album.

For your ears -
The Cure: Disintegration
The Cure: Untitled
The Cure: Pictures of You
buy the album

For your eyes -
The Cure's video for "Fascination Street"


The Cure's Website, MySpace

No comments: